Submitted by: Luanne Zimmerman, Western Sugar Employee
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. GW Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 gal. port wine
- 1 pint bourbon
- 1/2 pint rum
- 1/2 seedless raisins
- 6 prunes, pierced
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 1/3 cup GW Granulated Sugar
- Tie cardamon, cinnamon and cloves in cheesecloth bag.
- Place in saucepan and add water and 1 tsp. GW White Sugar.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Pour wine, bourbon, and rum into a large kettle.
- Add cooked spices and liquid they were cooked in, and the raisins, prunes, almonds, and 1/3 cup GW Granulated Sugar.
- Heat until hot, stirring constantly but do not boil. Remove spice bag.
- Serve hot with a few raisins and almonds in the glass.
NOTE: The glogg may be stored in the wine and liquor bottles. Cool the glogg, then pour into the bottles. Add some of the raisins and all of the almonds. Cover tightly. To serve, reheat until hot; but do not boil.