Submitted by: Kaitlin Behan, Western Sugar Employee
“My grandma, Dot, made these every Christmas for as long as I can remember”
- 1 cup GW Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup of GW Light Brown Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of shortening
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups of gum drops, orange, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup of coconut
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups oatmeal (old fashion)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- Cream the GW Granulated Sugar and the GW Light Brown Sugar in with the shortening.
- Add 3 eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda.
- Combine all dry ingredients with creamed sugar and shortening using a mixer.
- Add coconut and oatmeal and gum drops.
- Bake at 325 for about 10 minutes.