Submitted by: Kaitlin Behan, Western Sugar Employee
“Dot, my grandma, made the BEST carrot cake- hands down.”
- 2 cups GW Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 cups GW Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbs. vanilla extract
- Mix sugar and oil together and then add in the grated carrots.
- Incorporate the 4 eggs and mix well.
- Mix together the dry ingredients: baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Then stir in the walnuts.
- Do not grease bans: Use two 9 inch rounds. Bake 25-30 minutes in 325* oven.
- Mix icing ingredients, and spread on cooled cake.
- Stack rounds.