Recipe by: Irene Nelson, mother of Western Sugar Employee, Nancy Ross
- 1 pkg active dry yeast or compressed yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 cup creamed cottage cheese
- 2 Tbs. GW Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbs. instant minced onion
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 2 tsp. dill seed
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 ¼ to 2 ½ cups flour
- Sprinkle dry yeast over warm (110 deg) water, or crumble compressed yeast into lukewarm (85 deg) water.
- Heat cottage cheese to lukewarm, combine in mixing bowl with GW Granulated Sugar, onion, butter, dill seed, salt, soda, egg and yeast mixture.
- Add flour to form a stiff dough, beating well after each addition. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled (50-60 min)
- Stir down dough – Turn into well-greased 1 ½ qt round (8”) casserole. Let rise in warm place until light (30-40 min)
- Bake at 350 deg until golden brown – 40 to 50 min. Brush with butter and sprinkle with salt.
- Makes 1 loaf