Submitted by: Kaitlin Behan, Western Sugar Employee
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup GW Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup banana liqueur
- 4 bananas cut in half lengthwise, then halved
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- In a large fry pan combine butter, GW Light Brown Sugar, and cinnamon.
- Heat on low until the butter melts and the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the banana liqueur and stir.
- Add the bananas and cook until they start to soften and begin to brown a little.
- Add the rum after taking the pan away from the flame. Then cook on the stovetop again for around 2 minutes, or until the rum is hot. Be careful when lighting the rum on fire in the pan- you might want to keep a fire extinguisher close just in case! Let the fire burn off the alcohol in the rum.