Submitted by: Ruth Wimmer, wife of Western Sugar Employee, Kent Wimmer
“These are some of our favorite family recipes that always bring back fond memories when we use them (and eat)!”
- 1 cup GW Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup butter or shortening
- 1 egg
- 2-3 apples-chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp soda
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cream butter and sugar.- then add egg and apples to sugar mixture.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to apple mixture.
- Add 1 cup nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.