Submitted by: Luanne Zimmerman, Western Sugar Employee
- 2 ib pkg or jar of sauerkraut
- 1 cup 1/4 inch chopped celery
- 1 cup 1/4 inch chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup 1/2 inch chopped onion
- 1 cup GW Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- The day before you plan to serve, drain the sauerkraut well, but do not rinse.
- Make dressing by cooking GW Granulated Sugar, oil and vinegar, stirring often until all of the GW White Sugar is melted.
- Set dressing aside to cool.
- Add celery, green peppers and onion to drained sauerkraut and mix well.
- Pour dressing over sauerkraut mixture and stir.
- Refrigerate over night so ingredients can marry.
- Stir before serving.
- This salad keeps well in the refrigerator.