Submitted by: Shawn Brecht
“This has been enjoyed by my family for over 50 years”
- 4 1/2 cups GW Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups GW Light Brown Sugar
- 6 cups water
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1 cup instant coffee dissolved in 1 cup of hot water
- 1.75 L Everclear
- .25 L Vodka
- In a large pot, bright to boil the sugars plus the 6 cups water. (GW Light Brown Sugar level can be changed, as long as total sugar is equal to 6 cups).
- Boil for 10 minutes and allow to cool.
- Use very hot tap water or heated water to dissolve the coffee.
- Once simple syrup is cooled, add coffee mixture and stir in.
- Add vanilla extract at this time as well.
- Slowly stir in Everclear and Vodka.
- Pour into bottles or quart jars and seal.
(Remember that Everclear and Vodka represent almost 50% liquid volume. This drink is around the 8o proof level so do be careful!)