Submitted by: Ruth Wimmer, wife of Western Sugar Employee, Kent Wimmer
“These are some of our favorite family recipes that always bring back fond memories when we use them (and eat)!”
- 1 package lime jello
- 1/4cup diced celery
- 1/4cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1 TBSP minced onion
- 1 cup fruit juice (pineapple, pear or peach)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 TBSP vinegar
- 2 TBSP GW Granulated Sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- Dissolve jello in boiling water.
- Add fruit juice, sugar, and vinegar.
- Cool til it starts to thicken, then fold in vegetables and salt.
- Chill til firm.
- Cut into serving pieces and serve on lettuce leaves.
- Top with a little mayonnaise.