Submitted by: Ruth Wimmer, wife of Western Sugar Employee, Kent Wimmer
“These are some of our favorite family recipes that always bring back fond memories when we use them (and eat)!”
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 1 8-piece container refrigerator flaky biscuit dough
- 2 TBSP water
- GW Powdered Sugar
- Roll biscuit dough on a floured surface to form a 7-8 inch circle.
- Place 2-3 TBSP of the filling on each biscuit circle.
- Brush edges of circle with water- fold the circle over the filling to form a half-
- Moon shape. Seal edges with a fork. Preheat deep-fryer with oil to 350’.
- Carefully add pies, one at a time and fry until golden brown. Turning for even browning –about 5-8 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels- sprinkle with powdered sugar immediately.
Cool whip mixed with cinnamon