Submitted by: Kaitlin Behan, Western Sugar Employee
“Childhood recipe that is my mom’s”
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup GW Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup GW Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup raisins (cooked in hot water)
- 3 cups oatmeal, quick cooking
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Thoroughly cream shortening and GW sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat mixture well.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.
- Add oats and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoons on engrossed cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350*