Title: Wastewater Technician II
Location: Fort Morgan, CO
The Western Sugar Cooperative has a new opportunity for an experienced Wastewater Technician II at its facility in Fort Morgan, Colorado. The position will serve as the facility’s Wastewater Operator, certified in the state of Colorado as at least a Class D Wastewater Operator, and will assist in the maintenance and operation of the facility’s wastewater treatment works. The person who fills this role will be a part of the facility’s environmental team and will be responsible for the operation of the wastewater treatment works and wastewater lagoons in accordance with in-house best practices/plans and environmental regulation. The preferred candidate is self-motivated, organized, mechanically inclined, and task-oriented to effectively contribute to the overall success of the environmental team. With a hands-on approach, this person must communicate and collaborate with facility management to create a transparent and productive work setting.
- Operates Class B wastewater treatment works and associated sludge handling system with oversight from the facility’s certified Operator in Responsible Charge (ORC).
- Monitors key parameters of wastewater treatment works and makes changes to maintain most optimal conditions.
- Performs frequent sampling and testing in accordance with analytical reference methods.
- Responsible for monitoring chemical addition rates related to wastewater operations and cooling tower.
- Maintains good housekeeping of wastewater treatment works and sludge handling building.
- Routinely uses, calibrates, and maintains analytical instrumentation (i.e. pH, temperature, COD, etc.) per manufacture’s recommendations and site-specific policies and procedures.
- Responsible for data entry.
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance routines associated with the wastewater treatment works (i.e. pumps, aerators, gears, belts, etc.).
- Responsible for identifying repairs or non-routine maintenance items and implementing basic maintenance repairs, when qualified to do so.
- Must attend routine training and maintain all required certifications, as identified by the site’s Environmental Manager.
- Performs other environmental duties as assigned.
- Performs all tasks in accordance with environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures, and is responsible for maintaining job-specific certifications and/or licenses as assigned.
- May be required to work rotating shifts.
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Experience in wastewater treatment
- Colorado Class D or higher Operator Certification
- SAP experience preferred
- Must be mechanically inclined; maintenance experience preferred
- Safety leader with exemplary behaviors and leadership
- Proficient in critical thinking
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Computer competent (Excel and Word)
- Friendly, results oriented, and collaborative
Reports to the Environmental Manager
Must be 18 years old or older
Travel Requirements: Less than 5% (for training purposes)
|Position Type: Union||Status: Exempt||Wage Range: $24.12||Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado|
|Benefits:||Medical, Vision, STD, LTD, 401K, Vacation, Allowance Time, and Holidays|