This is a full-time position
Title: Wastewater Technician I
Location: Fort Morgan, CO
The Western Sugar Cooperative has a new opportunity for an experienced Wastewater Technician I at its facility in Fort Morgan, Colorado. The position will serve as the facility’s Wastewater Operator, certified in the state of Colorado as at least a Class C Wastewater Operator, and will assume ownership of the maintenance and operation of the facility’s wastewater treatment works. The person who fills this role will be a part of the facility’s environmental team and will be responsible for the implementation of site-specific monitoring and maintenance programs associated with the wastewater treatment works and wastewater lagoons in accordance with in-house best practices/plans and environmental regulation. The preferred candidate is self-motivated, organized, mechanically inclined, and task-oriented to effectively contribute to the overall success of the environmental team. With a hands-on approach, this person must communicate and collaborate with facility management to create a transparent and productive work setting.
- Operates a Class B wastewater treatment works and associated sludge handling system with oversight from the facility’s certified Operator in Responsible Charge (ORC) or willingness to attain license in 6 months.
- Monitors quality and effectiveness of wastewater treatment works and associated environmental controls and best management practices (BMPs).
- Performs frequent sampling and testing in accordance with analytical reference methods.
- Responsible for managing chemical inventory related to wastewater operations and cooling tower.
- Maintains good housekeeping of wastewater treatment works and sludge handling building.
- Routinely uses, calibrates, and maintains analytical instrumentation (i.e. pH, temperature, odor, dissolved oxygen, COD, etc.) per manufacture’s recommendations and site-specific policies and procedures.
- Responsible for data entry and QA/QC.
- Assists in the preparation of Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMRs).
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance routines associated with the wastewater treatment works (i.e. pumps, aerators, gears, belts, etc.).
- Responsible for identifying repairs or non-routine maintenance items and implementing basic maintenance repairs, when qualified to do so.
- Responsible for the management and application of any new treatment technologies identified to promote healthy biological activity, prevent and mitigate potential odors, and prevent or suppress unwanted plant growth.
- On a regular basis, verifies that all required monitoring and recordkeeping related to core-responsibilities is being performed per site-specific policies and procedures.
- Must attend routine training and maintain all required certifications, as identified by the site’s Environmental Manager.
- Performs other environmental duties as assigned.
- Performs all tasks in accordance with environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures, and is responsible for maintaining job-specific certifications and/or licenses as assigned.
- May be required to work rotating shifts.
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in wastewater treatment
- Colorado Class C or higher Operator Certification preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Must be mechanically inclined; maintenance experience preferred
- Safety leader with exemplary behaviors and leadership
- Proficient in critical thinking and multi-tasking high priority projects
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Computer competent (Excel and Word)
- Friendly, results oriented, and collaborative
Reports to the Environmental Manager
Must be 18 years old or older
Travel Requirements: Less than 5% (for training purposes)
|Position Type: Union||Status: Exempt||Wage Range: $29.21||Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado|
|Benefits:||Medical, Vision, STD, LTD, 401K, Vacation, Allowance Time, and Holidays|
or send resume in PDF form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of The Western Sugar Cooperative not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training, layoff and termination.Western Sugar Cooperative is a Drug Free workplace.