This is a full-time position
Title: Top Mechanic
Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado
Job Objective: To be capable of performing Entry Level tasks, as well as: Maintenance Utility Entry level, Maintenance Utility C, Maintenance Utility B, Maintenance Utility A, and Top Mechanic duties on a crew that works rotating shifts. Must have knowledge of sugar production, equipment, and controls. This position must repair factory equipment safely & economically by minimizing losses, while under direction of the Shift or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Following all company policies including, but not limited to: Human Resource, Safety, Food Safety, Environmental and Work Rules.
- Working on Industrial equipment at direction of Management.
- Required work for this position:
- Reading a tape measure & dial caliper to accurately make precise measurements.
- Lubrication of bearings and gears.
- Training maintenance new hires.
- Stick, MIG, and TIG welding.
- Able to work independently on belts, chains, and gears.
- Ability to work on hydraulic systems and plumbing.
- Industrial trucks.
- Vibration analysis.
- Shaft alignment.
- Coupling equipment.
- Low pressure pumps.
- Continuous centrifugal.
- Batch centrifugal.
- High pressure pumps.
- Steam turbines.
- Pipe fitting.
- Positive displacement pumps.
- Seals/mechanical seals/packing.
- Reading drawings/blueprints.
- Troubleshooting equipment.
- Installing and removing fasteners.
- Basic mechanics—Operation of hand and power tools, reading gauges, etc.
- Valve opening and closing.
- Preventative Maintenance and proactive maintenance detection
- Notifying Supervisor/s of broken, leaking, damaged or malfunctioning equipment.
- Completing rounds to check for mechanical problems and/or improper operation of factory equipment.
- Assisting with team projects as requested by the Supervisor.
- Completing any logs, forms, or other documentation requested by the Management team.
- Assisting other maintenance personnel as directed.
- Work on a designated crew during seasonal maintenance periods.
- Filling in for other sick or absent Maintenance Utility, Top Mechanic personnel or other positions, if qualified and/or trained.
- Attending training requested by Management.
- Following instructions and performing any other work not listed, unless unqualified, that is requested by their supervisor or management.
Working Relationship: This position reports to their Shift Supervisor or Maintenance Supervisor and works as directed by the Maintenance Management.
Work Skills Necessary:
- Written and verbal ability to communicate in English.
- Problem solving.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability and willingness to learn, and advance as skills develop.
- Communication of equipment conditions and company directives with oncoming shifts.
Employment Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age. Must have proficiency at reading and writing English and have prerequisite knowledge of maintenance new hire, Maintenance Utility Entry Level, Maintenance Utility C, Maintenance Utility B level, and Maintenance Utility A duties. Must demonstrate dependability and reliability to work, meetings and training.
Leadership skills: The successful candidate must be able to communicate in a professional and calm manner while following correct policies, procedures, and standards. Reliability and punctual attendance are essential in this key position.
or submit resume in PDF form to: email@example.com
It is the policy of The Western Sugar Cooperative not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training, layoff and termination.Western Sugar Cooperative is a Drug Free workplace.