The Western Sugar Cooperative has a challenging opportunity for a Terminal Supervisor. This position will report to the Director of Supply Chain and lead the Terminal operations at our Sterling, Colorado facility. The position requires a very dynamic person with the ability to understand silo/bin management, bulk rail and truck loading and unloading, and warehouse operations.
- Live our Core Values of: Being a Safety Leader, Integrity, Openness & Trust, Team Work, Entrepreneurship, and Social Responsibility,
- Lead the effort with others to maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Work closely with others to motivate and improve knowledge of Terminal personnel.
- Assist in creating Standard Operating Procedures, then train and hold people accountable to using them.
- Evaluate labor needs and identify talent to assist with establishing shift schedules and fluid shift transitions to maximize productivity
- Use root cause analysis to permanently solve problems.
- Ensure proper preventative maintenance is occurring throughout the terminal.
- Provides leadership and support on Good Manufacturing Practices and Third-Party Audit requirements.
- Reduces and eliminates customer complaints.
- Responsible for bulk sugar operation, including loading, unloading, system maintenance, quality, and documentation
- Responsible for silo/bin management of product in unison with customer and supply chain needs
- Work closely with Supply Chain, Quality, Purchasing, and Customer Service functions daily
Skill & Experience Requirements:
- Friendly, results oriented, and collaborative
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- A minimum 2 years as a proven leader in warehouse/packaging operations.
- Demonstrated experience with improvements in safety, productivity, and quality.
- Great communication skills working with all levels, including hourly workforce.
- Excellent computer competence (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SAP).
- Strong customer focus.
- Solid leadership skills.
- Friendly, results oriented, high level of energy and collaborative
- Reports to the Director of Supply Chain
- Solid leadership and influencing skills
|Position Type: Full Time
$69,000 to $79,000
|Benefits:||Medical, Vision, Dental, LTD, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K with match opportunity and the Company also contributes an additional 6% discretionary amount into each employee’s 401(k) at the end of the calendar year. Vacation, Salaried Continuance Plan, Holidays, and Paid Sick Leave if required by applicable State Law.|
- Please apply by sending resume to email@example.com
It is the policy of The Western Sugar Cooperative not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training, layoff and termination.
Western Sugar Cooperative is a Drug Free workplace