Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant is responsible for posting daily balance sheet and income statement transactions including cash and reoccurring monthly entries, reconciling general ledger accounts and customer deductions, and creating daily and weekly inventory and cash reports. Identify requirements for the development and implementation of additional reporting and system enhancements.
- Learn and understand general ledger and invoicing process
- Post daily general transactions and customer payments
- Create daily reconciliation of unallocated customer deductions
- Work with sales and customer service department on past due invoices
- Analyze root cause of blocked shipments and review credit limits
- Create daily inventory and cash reports and reconcile to general ledger
- Prepare loan paperwork for CCC borrowing.
- Provide proposal for cost savings and for cash cycle extension
- Execute credit checks on new customers
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Execute financial projects and other work as directed by supervisor
- Maintain high quality of timely and accurate entries of daily transactions
- Comply with audit requests for bank, internal and external auditors
Skill & Experience Requirements
- BA in
- Experience using Excel with proficiency
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Flexible in order to manage changingpriorities and tight deadlines
- Self-starter and quick-learner with problem solving skills and a willingness to take on new tasks
- Ability to multi-task
- Willingness to work extra hours as needed
- Experience in SAP FI/CO preferred
Occasionally may travel to factory sites but minimal travel for this position.