- The Western Sugar Cooperative has a challenging opportunity for a Reliability Engineer. This position is responsible for all aspects of reliability, safety, quality and capacity assurance of a beet sugar processing facility. This position is responsible for asset management, preventative and proactive maintenance programs, maintainability of new and existing facilities and assets, root cause analysis, training and reporting record keeping necessary to justify the programs and improvements. The Successful candidate will possess a high degree of technical expertise and experience along with excellent program management skills and the ability to provide leadership for the optimization of the maintenance capability and plant performance to achieve corporate goals and customer requirements.
- Live our Core Values of: Being a Safety Leader, Integrity, Openness & Trust, Team Work, Entrepreneurship, and Social Responsibility,
- Management of CMMS (SAP Maintenance System) to assure data availability, accuracy and integrity
- Development, management and maintenance of facility preventative, predictive and condition-based monitoring programs.
- Manage, develop and maintain a Root Cause Analysis program for both Production and Maintenance issues.
- Contribute to improvement of work practices and execution to achieve the highest level of plant productivity and minimal mechanical downtime through training and written procedures.
- Participate in the maintenance budget development, to insure the highest return on budget and asset investments based on equipment and program data..
- Identify potential for cost reduction through extended asset life, reduce labor cost and other asset/practices related improvement techniques.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Manager and property risk consultants to assure, applicable code compliance fire system maintenance, equipment reliability and inspections are scheduled and complete with minimal risk of mechanical or system failures.
- Insure health and safety standards are included and adhered to in written procedures and training.
- Active involvement in the plant safety and quality effort and the assurance of all plant safety, housekeeping, regulatory, and policies within the assigned area.
- Stay current in maintenance reliability technologies and best practices through trade magazines, seminars and facility reliability conventions.
- Produce reports, KPI’s, and presentations showing the health and improvement of the reliability programs and maintenance in general. Assist the Maintenance Manager is justifying program and asset costs.
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering preferred. Will consider candidates with equivalent educational and maintenance reliability, scheduling, planning, preventive, predictive and condition based monitoring system experience.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years experienced preferred in maintenance reliability, planning and scheduling and best practice maintenance strategies and programs.
- Experience and knowledge in gas fired boilers with turbine powered electrical generation, grid and power distribution systems. As well as the associated regulatory requirements.
- Experienced as a Plant Engineer, Maintenance Manager, or Maintenance Engineer in a complex, integrated unit process system, distributed control, 24 -7 operations with high demand for plant availability and minimal downtime.
- Proficient and knowledgeable in the optimization of maintenance systems including: TQM, CMMS, TLC, MI, PM, PdM, RCA, RCM and maintenance scheduling, planning and execution for optimum equipment reliability and on time plant availability.
- Experienced in the management and utilization of predictive maintenance (predictive maintenance, i.e.; vibration analysis, thermography, oil analysis, etc.)
- Experienced in the management and utilization of condition based monitoring of assets.
- Proficiency in evaluation of machine or component failure analysis, selection of maintenance materials, processes and development of ongoing improvement of maintenance systems, practices and efficiencies.
- Proficiency in coaching, training and development of personnel to insure optimum productivity and effectiveness..
- Familiar with applicable OSHA and GMP, BRC Certification and/or SQF Food Safety Standards.
- Excellent computer competence (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, AutoCAD, SAP or other maintenance software)
- Excellent verbal, written and graphical communications skills
- Must be able to handle several priorities at one time
- Strong internal and external customer focus mind-set
- Friendly, results oriented, and collaborative
- Reports to the Maintenance Manager with a dotted line to the Factory Manager.
- Solid leadership and influencing skills
Travel Requirements, if any (please indicate percentage):
Fort Morgan, CO
|Benefits:||Medical, Vision, Dental, LTD, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K with match opportunity and the Company also contributes an additional 6% discretionary amount into each employee’s 401(k) at the end of the calendar year. Vacation, Salaried Continuance Plan, Holidays, and Paid Sick Leave if required by applicable State Law.|
- Please apply by sending resume to email@example.com
It is the policy of The Western Sugar Cooperative not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training, layoff and termination.
Western Sugar Cooperative is a Drug Free workplace