Title: Purchasing and Storeroom Supervisor
Location: Fort Morgan CO
The Western Sugar Cooperative has a challenging opportunity for a Purchasing and Storeroom Supervisor. This position is responsible supervising the Fort Morgan storeroom, to ensure all functions are being performed in a timely accurate manner. Customer service is critical to this position, being able to take care of the needs of production to avoid any down time.
- Be a safety leader with solid safety behaviors and demonstrated leadership.
- Supervise storeroom staff.
- Work with local management, vendors and AP to Master the “procure to pay process” to ensure smooth and timely process.
- Coordinate with purchasing agent to obtain and negotiate competitive quotes from preferred suppliers. Analyze to confirm we are getting the best product for the best price
- Place orders timely paying attention to delivery lead time to ensure appropriate arrival dates.
- Track and control open purchase orders, ensuring delivery dates are met.
- Work with plant personnel and AP to verify receipt of items and resolve shipments errors with suppliers.
- Perform cycle counts to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Work with maintenance to make sure we have the correct items in inventory, or on order.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Work with Safety and PPE supplier to run vending program so we do not run out and avoid discrepancies.
- Work closely with preferred suppliers on managing stock to ensure when we place an order they will
have ready to ship.
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Level Bachelor’s degree preferred, with an emphasis on degree in Business Management
- 2-3 years experienced preferred
- Excellent computer competence (outlook, word, powerpoint,excel,SAP)
- Must be able to handle several priorities at one time
- Strong customer focus mind-set to make sure the plant has required supplies
- Solid leadership and influencing skills, while supervising the storeroom personnel
- Friendly, results oriented, and collaborative
- Demonstrated experience with improvements in safety, productivity, and quality.
- Experience using root cause analysis, behavior based safety techniques, and safety GAP auditing.
- Excellent communication, verbal, written, group facilitation, and presentation skills.
Travel Requirements, if any (please indicate percentage):
Up to 0%
- Please submit all resumes in Word or PDF form to:firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is the policy of The Western Sugar Cooperative not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training, layoff and termination.Western Sugar Cooperative is a Drug Free workplace.