Title: Process Manager
Location: Fort Morgan, CO
The Western Sugar Cooperative has a challenging opportunity for a Sugarbeet Process Manager. This position will report to the plant manager and lead the processing of sugarbeets into sugar at our Scottsbluff, NE and Fort Morgan, CO facilities. The position requires a very dynamic person with the ability to understand and implement the best ways of processing sugarbeets into sugar, while showing strong leadership skills. The person should have a very strong mechanical knowledge, enjoy processing, and be a believer in preventative maintenance.
- Be a safety leader with solid safety behaviors and demonstrated leadership. Working with others to perform against the plant site safety plan with the goal of being a zero injury workplace.
- Lead the effort with others to maintain a clean and safe production environment.
- Plan, organize and direct sugarbeet processing to optimize performance.
- Stay current on leading industry practices and technology for implementing new ways to improve processing.
- Use root cause analysis to permanently solve problems.
- Operate processing at a high level of efficiency using Key Performance Indicators and a continuous improvement approach to hold yourself and your team accountable for achieving performance targets.
- Track and manage expenses versus agreed upon annual budget.
- Work with purchasing to ensure processing supplies are available to perform at a high level.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Manager and Plant Manager to ensure proper preventative maintenance is occurring.
- Provide solid people leadership that lives our Core Values of: Safety, Integrity, Openness & Trust, Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, and Social Responsibility.
- Work closely with others to motivate and improve knowledge of supervisors and hourly personnel. Establish fluid transitions between shifts, including establishing shift schedules.
- Meet with direct reports in a formal way twice per year to review performance. These are two-way feedback sessions to assist improvement for you and the employee.
- When needed, hold people accountable administering the collective bargaining agreement. Ensure employee grievances are addressed in a timely manner.
- Help to implement a Customer Focused Strategy of Leading Customer Service, Competitive Cost Position, and High Quality & Innovative Products. This includes supporting Good Manufacturing Practices and Third Party Audit requirements.
- This position is required to spend most of the time (70%) out in the different work areas engaging with employees to listen, troubleshoot and provide support for improving performance.
- To be successful, this position often requires more than 40 hours per week and weekend work.
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in process or chemical engineering preferred. Will consider someone with a mechanical engineering degree pending they have solid processing experience.
- A minimum 7-10 years as a proven leader at an agricultural processing operation. Sugarbeet processing or sugar refining preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with improvements in safety, productivity, and quality.
- Great communication skills working with all levels of staff, including hourly workforce and senior management.
- Experience using continuous improvement processes like Lean Sigma and Root Cause Analysis.
- Excellent computer competence (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Strong customer focus mind-set.
- Solid leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Friendly, results oriented, high level of energy and collaborative.
Travel Requirements: Some, but limited.