Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado
The Western Sugar Cooperative has a challenging opportunity for a Maintenance Supervisor. This position is responsible for managing the shift and all direct reports. The Maintenance Supervisor maintains systems and equipment by overseeing the processes of preventive maintenance schedules, restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts. The Maintenance Supervisor ensures that all employees comply with the Company’s Health and Safety procedures.
- Be a safety leader with solid safety behaviors and demonstrated leadership
- Responsible for supporting and adhering to the Company’s core values
- Analyzes and develop individual work request, PM task and work orders, to determine appropriate labor, materials and timing required to schedule the work so that it supports the department’s Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) goals. Coordinates interactions with internal and/or external resources to ensure work is accurately evaluated, prioritized, planned, scheduled, and successfully completed.
- Works with appropriate technical resources both internal and external to the facility, to develop and maintain preventative/predictive maintenance (PM) database (i.e. task detail, instructions, frequency, BOM) for all plant assets.
- Operates and maintains SAP. Coordinates activities required to develop and modify the SAP databases as needed to support department’s priorities and report its KPIs. Ensure SAP databases are complete, accurate and intuitive.
- Monitors SAP data to evaluate effectiveness of maintenance activities and report KPIs. Plans improvement activities. Notifies appropriate plant tech resources of abnormalities and participates in finding solutions.
- Provides the maintenance personnel with weekly work schedules to ensure all techs have 40 hours of planned work for the week and that work is effectively and successfully completed within the 40-hour week. Reviews this schedule with supervisors before the start of the work week and incorporates recommendations into the work schedule before finalizing.
- Coordinates with the Stores manager to ensure parts and supplies required for work orders are identified and ordered in a timely manner, excess inventory is minimized, waste is eliminated and buys are carried out economically. Ensure parts are kitted to individual work orders. Assist stores with overflow of orders and fills in when needed.
- Maintains technical documentation library for all Plant assets. Contacts vendors as needed to ensure all documentation remains up to date and any missing/damaged documentation is replaced
- Has a working knowledge of the Beet and Sugar ends
- Manages, develops, and motivates direct reporting staff
- Monitors, measures, and reports on maintenance related process performance and general issues
- Ensures good communications is given either verbally or written to all members of staff
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills are used to ensure that all employees can identify root causes and take fast effective action to resolve the problems
- To work closely with other Shift Supervisors to ensure maintenance handovers are effectively communicated
- Ensures that employees are trained to perform the task of the job required on the shift in a safe and efficient manner
- Actively participates all continuous improvement initiatives
- Maintains housekeeping standards to ensure a clean and safe workplace
- Responsible for ensuring the Company’s resources are used in an effective manner to ensure the best operating costs
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Strong mechanical aptitude and 3 to 5 years of maintenance experience; or a technical degree is preferred
- Supervisory experience of 3 to 5 years preferred
- High School diploma required, some college or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong team player with a desire to succeed
- Work with all levels of management and plant employees
- Demonstrated experience in preventative maintenance
- Experience using root cause analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer competence (SAP, outlook, word, powerpoint, excel, micro soft project)
- Versed in AutoCAD preferred
- Must be able to handle several priorities at one time
- Strong customer focus mind-set
- Solid leadership and influencing skills
- Friendly, results oriented, and collaborative
Travel Requirements: Up to 5%
Please apply by sending resume to email@example.com
It is the policy of The Western Sugar Cooperative not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training, layoff and termination.
Western Sugar Cooperative is a Drug Free workplace