This is a full time position
Title: Maintenance Planner
The Western Sugar Cooperative has a challenging opportunity for a Maintenance Planner. This position is responsible for all aspects of planning and scheduling functions for maintenance activities in the beet sugar processing facility to improve reliability, productivity, and safety. This position is responsible for supplying maintenance personnel with a job schedule and scope, as well as guidance on job hazards, skills required, and necessary permits, materials, and tools to successfully complete the maintenance task in a safe, timely and professional manner. The successful candidate will possess technical maintenance expertise and experience along with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The candidate should also have good administrative skills, organizational skills and computer skills required to work with the computerized maintenance management software and supporting software.
- Be a safety leader with solid safety behaviors and demonstrated leadership.
- Plan and schedule all maintenance order activities while coordinating with plant process operations and maintenance groups to minimize operational impact and maximize equipment availability.
- Appropriately leverage and include resources like blueprints, drawings, equipment manuals, and standard practices and procedures in maintenance planning.
- Coordinate maintenance schedules with the capital project team to ensure minimal conflict between the capital project schedule and maintenance efforts, especially during inter-campaign activities.
- Create and modify preventative maintenance plans and schedules, incorporating feedback from other maintenance staff including the Maintenance Supervisor(s), Maintenance and Reliability Engineer(s), and Maintenance Manager.
- Ensure health and safety standards are included and adhered to in the maintenance plans, including identifying confined space areas, hot work permit, and Lock-out Tag-out requirements.
- Monitor and report on schedule compliance for all types of maintenance orders.
- Ensure maintenance orders are executed properly, including resource hours, material consumption and malfunction codes.
- Assist in managing skilled trade labor for the completion of maintenance activities.
- Obtain job bids, coordinate, and schedule contractor labor for planned jobs as well as in certain emergency situations.
- Contribute to the improvement of maintenance work practices, training, and written procedures.
- Support the maintenance budget cycle by tracking and reporting maintenance resources hours and material costs associated with maintenance activities.
- Assist with tracking and reporting equipment downtime and availability.
- Work closely with the Reliability Engineer and property risk consultants to ensure applicable code compliance, fire system maintenance, and equipment inspections are scheduled and completed with minimal risk of mechanical or system failures.
- Produce reports, KPI’s, and presentations regarding maintenance order execution.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering preferred. Will consider candidates with equivalent educational and maintenance expertise with a planning and scheduling background.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in maintenance planning and scheduling strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in performing and/or supervising maintenance activities is preferred.
- CMRP or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Experience with plant operations and industrial equipment and processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), materials management, preventative maintenance practices. SAP-HANA experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with applicable OSHA and GMP, BRC Certification and/or SQF Food Safety Standards is preferred.
- Excellent computer competence (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, maintenance software)
- Data analytics experience in Power BI or equivalent is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and graphical communications skills.
- Must be able to handle several priorities at one time.
- Strong internal and external customer focus mind-set.
- Solid leadership and influencing skills.
- Friendly, results-oriented, and collaborative.
Travel Requirements: Minimal
|Position Type: Non- Union||Status: Exempt||Location: Scottsbluff|
|Benefits:||Medical, Vision, Dental, LTD, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K with match opportunity and the Company also contributes an additional 6% discretionary amount into each employee’s 401(k) at the end of the calendar year. Vacation, Salaried Continuance Plan, Holidays, and Paid Sick Leave if required by applicable State Law.|