- The Western Sugar Cooperative has a challenging opportunity for a Maintenance Manager. This position is responsible for all aspects of maintenance and mechanical reliability and capacity assurance of a beet sugar processing facility. This position is responsible for budget development, budgetary control, staffing selection, removal and development of personnel. The Successful candidate will possess a high degree of technical expertise and experience along with excellent management skills and the ability to provide leadership for the optimization of the workforce capability and plant performance to achieve corporate goals and customer requirements.
- Live our Core Values of: Being a Safety Leader, Integrity, Openness & Trust, Team Work, Entrepreneurship, and Social Responsibility,
- Management of CMMS (SAP Maintenance System) to assure coordination of all aspects of preventive, corrective and planned maintenance scheduling.
- Development of facility maintenance planning, scheduling preventative, predictive and condition based monitoring and work execution to achieve the highest level of plant productivity and minimal mechanical downtime.
- Budget development, management and operational control of departmental activities to provide on budget and on schedule departmental performance.
- Responsible for development and implementation of cost reduction opportunities within the department and throughout the facility in general.
- Responsible for being the facility liaison with property risk consultants and is responsible for assuring, applicable code compliance fire system maintenance and inspections are scheduled and complete with minimal risk of mechanical failures.
- Responsible for maintaining health and safety standards within the department.
- Active involvement in the plant safety and quality effort and the assurance of all plant safety, housekeeping, regulatory, and personnel policies within the assigned area.
- Stay current in maintenance reliability technologies and best practices through trade magazines, seminars and facility reliability conventions.
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering preferred. Will consider candidates with equivalent educational and maintenance managing, scheduling, planning, preventive, predictive and condition based monitoring system experience.
- Certified Professional Maintenance Manager, through the Association for Facilities Engineering, preferred.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years experienced preferred in maintenance managing, and best practice maintenance strategies and programs.
- Experience and knowledge in Coal and Gas fired boilers with turbine powered electrical generation, grid and power distribution systems. As well as the associated regulatory requirements.
- Experienced as a Plant Engineer, Maintenance Manager, or Maintenance Engineer in a complex, integrated unit process system structure, distributed control, 24 -7 operations with high demand for plant availability and minimal downtime.
- Proficient in the optimization of maintenance systems including: TQM, CMMS, TLC, MI, PM, PdM and complex maintenance scheduling, planning and execution for optimum equipment reliability and on time plant availability.
- Experienced in the management and utilization of predictive maintenance (predictive maintenance, i.e.; vibration analysis, IR surveys, Oil analysis, etc.)
- Proficiency in evaluation of machine or component failure analysis, selection of maintenance materials and development of ongoing improvement of maintenance systems, practices and efficiencies.
- Proficiency in coaching, training and development of personnel to insure a successful succession plan.
- Familiar with applicable OSHA and GMP, BRC Certification and/or SQF Food Safety Standards.
- Excellent computer competence (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, SAP or other maintenance software)
- Excellent verbal, written and graphical communications skills
- Must be able to handle several priorities at one time
- Strong internal and external customer focus mind-set
- Solid leadership and influencing skills
- Friendly, results oriented, and collaborative
- Reports to the Factory Manager.
- Solid leadership and influencing skills
Travel Requirements, if any (please indicate percentage):
- Up to 5%
$115, 000- 150,000
Fort Morgan, CO
|Benefits:||Medical, Vision, Dental, LTD, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K with match opportunity and the Company also contributes an additional 6% discretionary amount into each employee’s 401(k) at the end of the calendar year. Vacation, Salaried Continuance Plan, Holidays, and Paid Sick Leave if required by applicable State Law.|
- Please apply by sending resume to email@example.com
It is the policy of The Western Sugar Cooperative not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training, layoff and termination.
Western Sugar Cooperative is a Drug Free workplace