This is a full-time position
Wage: $23.32 to $28.46 depending on expertise and experience
Location: Billings, Montana
The Western Sugar Cooperative a farmer owned Cooperative that takes pride in manufacturing and distribution of refined beet sugar, “Nature’s Sweetener”. The Billings, MT factory has an immediate opening for an industrial mechanic. This is an hourly full-time position with benefits. Pay and job title will be commensurate with experience and licensing consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement. The Maintenance Utility/Top Mechanic is responsible for the troubleshooting, maintenance, and repairofall mechanical equipmentthroughoutthefacility.
- Be a safety leader with solid safety behaviors and demonstrated leadership while working with others to achieve the site safety plan’s goal of being a zero-injury workplace.
- Commitment to regular attendance
- Responsible for the maintenance of process & packaging equipment throughout the facility consisting of but not limited to pumps, belt conveyors, scroll conveyors, chains, sprockets, fans, bearings
- Responsible for welding, cutting, brazing, pipefitting, setting equipment and dismantling equipment
- Responsible for safely using hand and power tools and proper application of each tool
- Cover as needed in emergency situations, fellow Maintenance Utility Trainee/Top Mechanic call-ins, and vacation
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Maintenance/mechanical experience working with process and packaging equipment
- Basic understanding of rigging & sling harness lifting techniques, lubrication types & applications, carpentry principles and concrete forming & pouring.
- Must have ability to within a rotating shift
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Strong math skills using angles & decimal dimensions
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals
- Blueprint reading
- Understanding of vibration equipment, laser alignment, and oil analysis
- Maintain a clean and safe Maintenance area
- Requires multi-tasking, good organizational skills, attention to detail and self-motivation
- Strong computer skills
- Possess time management skills and ability to stay focused on job duties even during stressful situations
- Proven trouble shooting skills and ability
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of sugar factory processes helpful
Travel Requirements: 0%
Or submit your resume in PDF form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of The Western Sugar Cooperative not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training, layoff and termination.Western Sugar Cooperative is a Drug Free workplace.