Title: Human Resource Generalist
Location: Fort Morgan, CO/ NOT REMOTE
The Western Sugar Cooperative has a challenging opportunity for a Human Resource Professional. The Human Resources Generalist manages the local day-to-day operations of Human Resources. The HR Generalist manages the administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs. The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: departmental development, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment.
- Be a safety leader with solid safety behaviors and demonstrated leadership
- Provide a primary source of information on WSC’s policies and procedures for managers and employees
- Manage hands-on, full cycle recruiting, new hire orientation and onboarding for leadership, administrative and production roles.
- Manage staffing list daily to ensure proper recruiting
- Provides main point of contact for HR vendors who provide third-party services
- Participates with special projects and initiatives
- Oversees performance management and improvement systems
- Responsible for training and development
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and applies this knowledge to ensure the organization’s compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters
- Responsible for policy administration and compliance
- First point of contact for plant employees on all HR matters.
- Oversees local compensation and benefits administration for hourly and salaried nonexempt employees
- Provides employee services and counseling
- Collaborate with and provide advice, guidance and support to supervisors and managers in all HR related matters.
- Assist Corporate Human Resource with development of annual succession plans and salary plans
- Coordinates internship and trainee programs
- Assures adherence to the Collective Bargaining Agreement which includes but is not limited to progressive discipline, grievance resolution, wage rates, attendance regulations, and job postings
- Conducts employee investigation and administers discipline when required
- Other job duties as assigned
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with an emphasis in Human Resource or related field
- 2-3 years experience preferred, but open to person with no experience but has Human Resource background
- Demonstrated experience with improvements in Human Resources and employee relations
- Experience in employee investigations and dispute resolution
- Excellent verbal, written, group facilitation, and presentation skills
- Excellent computer competence (outlook, word, PowerPoint, Excel, HRIS software)
- Must be able to handle several priorities at one time
- Strong customer focus mind-set
- Solid leadership and influencing skills
- Friendly, results oriented, and collaborative
Travel Requirements, if any (please indicate percentage):
Up to 10%
Position Type: Full Time
Fort Morgan, CO
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, LTD, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K with match opportunity and the Company also contributes an additional 6% discretionary amount into each employee’s 401(k) at the end of the calendar year. Vacation, Salaried Continuance Plan, Holidays, and Paid Sick Leave if required by applicable State Law.