Western Sugar Cooperative Job Description
Title: Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor
Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado
The Western Sugar Cooperative has a challenging opportunity for an Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor. This position would be responsible for all electrical and instrumentation activities at the site. Included in this would be new installations, maintenance, trouble shooting and repairs. The position would have several direct reports, on multiple shifts. This position would be required to provide direction, training and hands on involvement in all aspects of the facility. Position would report to the Maintenance / Engineering manager.
- Be a safety leader with solid safety behaviors and demonstrated leadership and Good Manufacturing Procedures
- Reports to the Maintenance Manager to execute operational strategies/plans to maximize electrical and instrumentation safety and reliability.
- Provides direction and follow-up to manage the people and process of the electrical and instrumentation department
- Evaluates Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and focuses resources to capture opportunity and optimize throughput and recovery throughout the process
- Lead, develop, and participate in root cause and corrective actions to process chokepoints.
- Responsible for electrician & instrumentation department coaching, training, development, hiring, and discipline
- Responsible for continuous improvement, including the utilization of the tools for Lean Manufacturing
- Seek to expand the use of technology to effectively control the process. Be familiar with, Rockwell Automation ControlLogix, RSLogix 500 PLCs as well as RA FactoryTalk View SE and ME HMI systems.
- Manage and direct resources to successfully maintain and improve process reliability of the electrical & instrumentation of the facility
- Participates in developing and is responsible for effectively managing a budget in designated area(s).
- Maintain and manage 4160V switchgear and power distribution.
- Must be able to read and interpret schedules, policy, drawings, specifications, and other technical prints.
- Responsible for steam turbine power generation
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with an emphasis on degree in Electrical Engineering or other Electrical Field
- Requires broad technical and administrative experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the Food Industry
- Experienced in PLC, , and other control systems
- Experienced in Industrial Human Machine Interfaces
- Familiarity with SQL data formats and collection systems.
- Experienced in power distribution for medium and high voltage industrial systems
- Prefer 5 years experienced in the technical electrical field
- Experience with process instrumentation for pressure, flow, temperature, level, and analytic measurement
- Broad troubleshooting skills for electrical equipment and analog and digital instrumentation
- Demonstrated experience with improvements in safety, productivity, GMP, and quality
- Excellent verbal, written, group facilitation, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Familiar with electrical codes
- Training in reliability concepts and approaches
- Knowledge of arc flash requirements and all OSHA electrical compliance standards.
- Ability to think and develop both tactical and strategic plans
- Excellent computer competence (outlook, word, powerpoint,excel, safety process software)
- Must be able to handle several priorities at one time
- Strong customer focus mind-set
- Solid leadership and influencing skills
- Self starting
- Friendly, results oriented, and collaborative, able to work with corporate Engineering Team.
Travel Requirements, if any (please indicate percentage):
Up to 10%
- Please submit all resumes in Word or PDF form to:email@example.com
- It is the policy of The Western Sugar Cooperative not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training, layoff and termination.Western Sugar Cooperative is a Drug Free workplace.