Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado
Western Sugar Cooperative is made up of 1,000 growers and shareholders who take pride in having a long family history in beet sugar. Some are 4th, or even 5th, generation growers who were born and raised around sugar beets. The lifestyle of hard work and long days involved in sugar beet growing has been passed down for the 100 years Western Sugar has existed. The trend of longevity extends to our employees as well where some have worked with Western Sugar for over 50 years. We aspire to build the same loyalty we have among our growers and employees with our customers by continuing to invest hard work into creating our high quality sugar. The Western Sugar Cooperative has a challenging opportunity for an Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor
- Be a safety leader with solid safety behaviors and demonstrated leadership and Good Manufacturing Procedures
- Reports to the Maintenance Manager to execute operational strategies/plans to maximize electrical and instrumentation safety and reliability.
- Provides direction and follow-up to manage the people and process of the electrical and instrumentation department
- Evaluates Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and focuses resources to capture opportunity and optimize throughput and recovery throughout the process
- Lead, develop, and participate in root cause and corrective actions to process chokepoints.
- Responsible for electrician & instrumentation department coaching, training, development, hiring, and discipline
- Responsible for continuous improvement, including the utilization of the tools for Lean Manufacturing
- Seek to expand the use of technology to effectively control the process. Be familiar with Wonderware or similar industrial human machine interface and automation software.
- Manage and direct resources to successfully maintain and improve process reliability of the electrical & instrumentation of the facility
- Participates in developing and is responsible for effectively managing a budget in designated area(s).
- Maintain and manage 4160V switchgear and power distribution.
- Must be able to read and interpret schedules, policy, drawings, specifications, and other technical prints.
- Responsible for steam turbine power generation
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with an emphasis on degree in Electrical Engineering or other Electrical Field
- Requires broad technical and administrative experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the Food Industry
- Experienced in PLC,DCS, and other control systems
- Experienced in Industrial Human Machine Interface and other automation software
- Experienced in power distribution for medium and high voltage industrial systems
- Prefer 5 years experienced in the technical electrical field
- Demonstrated experience with improvements in safety, productivity, GMP, and quality
- Excellent verbal, written, group facilitation, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Familiar with electrical codes
- Training in reliability concepts and approaches
- Knowledge of arc flash requirements and all OSHA electrical compliance standards.
- Ability to think and develop both tactical and strategic plans
- Excellent computer competence (outlook, word, powerpoint,excel, safety process software)
- Must be able to handle several priorities at one time
- Strong customer focus mind-set
- Solid leadership and influencing skills
- Friendly, results oriented, and collaborative
Travel Requirements, if any (please indicate percentage):
Up to 10%
Please Apply below with resume and cover letter. Western Sugar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.