The Director of Maintenance and Reliability is a key leadership role providing both a) strategic direction with organizational standards to ensure the right priorities are focused in the right way to significantly improve operations reliability and b) provide ample support and oversight to ensure maintenance progress is on-track, optimized, and meeting expectations. This position will manage the business and technology solution that improves and tracks maintenance reliability at the plant level, creating a true asset management culture for continuous improvement.
- Live our Core Values of: Being a Safety Leader, Integrity, Openness & Trust, Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, and Social Responsibility
- Plays a key role in developing policies and practices for maintenance across the company and managing asset reliability
- Develops training for others regarding preventative and predictive maintenance tools and techniques.
- Leads the implementation of actions and techniques in the day-to-day operations to reduce downtime, improve uptime, minimize frequent stops and improve equipment availability and utilization.
- Provides planning and supervisory assistance for the transition of new projects and/or the demobilization of existing projects.
- Establishes practices in maintenance activities such as: asset condition assessments, predictive maintenance, criticality ranking, workflow process, CMMS implementations and associated financial and performance management.
- Establish KPI system to monitor and identify improvement opportunities in facility reliability and asset utilization.
- Optimize use of the CMMS for maintenance and material management.
- Incorporates safety, quality, and cost reductions into overall maintenance programs.
- Collaborates closely with facility management when developing and implementing plans and programs.
- Reviews and makes recommendations for maintenance control and reporting systems.
- Author’s technical reports interpreting plant performance and identifying trends and/or other opportunities for maintenance and asset management optimization.
- Reviews and provides input regardingcapital projects.
- Liaison with propertyinsurance company, currently FM Global, to work with and provide economical and reliable solutions for their recommendations, and requirements. Provide facilities with schedules, processes, and procedures to maintain compliance, with agreements.
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Friendly, results oriented, and collaborative
- Requires 15 years of overall experience in a maintenance environment. Prefer Mechanical or Reliability Engineering Degree.
- Requires 5 years in senior leadership position (e.g., Maintenance Manager) with P&L responsibility.
- Well versed in equipment automation, PLC Logic Control, CMMS, MRO Storeroom Management and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Must possess superior organizational skills and be able to prioritize and work simultaneously on several projects.
- Requires solid interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with all employees.
The Director of Maintenance and Reliability will report to the Vice President of Operations but will also build strong partnerships with plant leadership teams, engineering and corporate Information services. The candidate will be expected to demonstrate and apply strong knowledge and leadership within maintenance and operations area.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Time management.
- Ability to train, guide and direct.
- Good problem solver.
- Subject matter expert.
Travel Requirements, if any (please indicate percentage):
|Position Type: Union||Status: Non-Exempt||Wages: up to $180,000||Location: Denver, CO|
|Benefits:||Medical, Vision, STD, LTD, 401K, Vacation, Allowance Time, and Holidays|
- Please apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of The Western Sugar Cooperative not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training, layoff and termination.
Western Sugar Cooperative is a Drug Free workplace