Location: Denver, CO
Manages the quality systems and processes at all facilities, warehouses & local terminals as well as audits for compliance, assuring company standards are maintained and product integrity is preserved. Recommends changes to existing quality assurance standards, processes, and controls for storage, packaging and shipping of sugar, byproducts, and finished goods. Responsible for the development and maintenance of methods for inspection, testing, sampling, archiving, and training. Evaluates production capabilities as it relates to quality as well as sanitation and recommends improvements. Assist in developing quality assurance policies and procedures in order to improve the Western Sugar Cooperative Quality System. Consult with production, maintenance, and distribution resources to resolve quality, production and efficiency problems. Work across departments to assist in the resolution of all customer complaints. Functions as an information source to all departments if special and critical quality issues occur.
- Assist the Director of Quality and Process in assuring that Western Sugar’s quality commitment and its corporate Core Values are continually emphasized and kept in the forefront of facility operations
- Ensure that processes and procedures needed for the Quality Management System (QMS) are established, implemented, and maintained.
- Stay current on quality standards/regulations such as FSMA, NLEA, GFSI and communicate appropriate changes to branch teams.
- Implement systems to drive reduction in consumer complaints, working with operations and Cooperative Quality Process Owners for fully integrated approaches
- Provides direction, training, and management of quality controls as well as policies to ensure they are effectively in place.These include schedules, self-audits, AIB audits, GMP adherence, BRC certification, HACCP, HARPC etc.
- Oversees the collection and analysis of quality performance data and charts against defined parameters; create monthly reports of findings for management
- Determines overall plant product quality by conducting and evaluating various product tests and tests related to ingredients and packaging
- Resolves major quality problems at packaging facility, warehouses, terminals, and market areas
- Manages quality audits with packaging, warehousing, and maintenance management; makes appropriate recommendations and sets timetable for improvement and corrections
- Sets QA compliance objectives and ensures that targets are achieved
- Educates and instructs plant teams in recommended quality control testing, equipment sanitation, general sanitation, and housekeeping practices
- Brings together staff of different disciplines and drives the group to plan and formulate comprehensive quality procedures
- Manages plant quality best practices and owns key methodology to change to a zero-loss culture in sustainable quality performance.
- Assist Corporate Technical Manager to oversee/manage process lab functions
- Assist the Director of Safety to oversee/manage the OSHA requirements for Lab safety management system.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different quality requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments; create Best in Class quality culture.
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Food Science or related technical field
- 2+ years of professional experience in food quality and safety within the food industry
- Thorough knowledge of BRC, HACCP, HARPC, GMP, and other food safety/quality standards
- Packaging/Warehousing experience in a food manufacturing or equivalent environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills resulting in the development of technical reports/ procedures
- Relevant quality line control experience including Food Safety, Food Security and HACCP
- Understanding of standard laboratory methods and testing practices
- Experience with 3rdParty audit companies
- Strong computer aptitude including generation and manipulation of:
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent Management, Training and Presentation skills
Travel Requirements: Up to 40%
Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of The Western Sugar Cooperative not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training, layoff and termination.
Western Sugar Cooperative is a Drug Free workplace