This is a full time position
Position Title: Bin Operator
Location: Longmont, CO
- To be a self starter on a crew that works rotating shifts, with detailed knowledge Food Safety and Product Quality. This person must be able to operate basic control panel, equipment identification, Brooms, mops and general dry and wet cleaning supplies in an economical manner by minimizing losses and the ability to Train others.
- Live our Core Values of: Being a Safety Leader, Integrity, Openness & Trust, Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, and Social Responsibility,
- Following all company policies, including but not limited to: Safety, Food Safety, Environmental and Work Rules.
- Making proper adjustments to changes as needed to stay within specifications and operations based on changing process conditions. Such as: Sugar Quality, Sugar supply, Equipment plug up, sugar flow issues, operation over flows, etc.
- Performing the duties of a “Critical Employee” in the case of emergencies (As defined by Company Policy).
- Assisting in training and directing other Warehouse and Packaging staff in their duties.
- Following instructions and performing any other work, unless unqualified, that is requested by their Supervisor.
- Work on a designated crew during seasonal maintenance periods and to also assist maintenance personnel during production as requested by their supervisor.
- Fill in for sick or absent of other Bin Operators, warehouse personal or other positions they may be qualified for and trained to perform.
- Completing, or directing others to complete forms, or other documentation requested by the Management team.
- Completing rounds, and reporting maintenance issues or improper operation of equipment to Management.
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Friendly, results oriented, and collaborative.
- Ability to operate Silos equipment with the direction from Shift Supervisor, Sugar End Tech, Warehouse Leads or Warehouse supervisor .
- Problem solving abilities and the ability to learn new tasks.
- Clear communication of process conditions verbal and written along company directives to oncoming shifts.
- This position reports to their Warehouse Supervisor/Leads, Sugar End Tech, and Shift Supervisor. They also work closely with Packaging personnel to safely achieve production goals. They will maintain areas to GMP standards along with working with others.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. Must have proficiency at reading, writing, and speaking English. Prerequisite knowledge of the Warehousing, forklift safety along with a commitment to Food Safety and Product Quality standards.
- The successful candidate must be able to communicate in a professional and calm manner while reinforcing that correct procedures and standards are followed by themselves and other crew members. Reliability and punctual attendance are essential in this critical position.
- Personnel in this position must also demonstrate a willingness to acquire new skills beneficial to the company by attending training that is offered by the company.
Travel Requirements: None
Or submit your resume in PDF form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of The Western Sugar Cooperative not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training, layoff and termination.Western Sugar Cooperative is a Drug Free workplace.