Title: Automation and Controls Engineer
Location: Greeley, Co or Fort Morgan, CO
The Western Sugar Cooperative has a challenging opportunity for an Automation and Controls Engineer. This position is responsible for analyzing automation system requirements and design of process and/or mechanical equipment to design automation systems that will cause the equipment to function in the desired manner. The position analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to identify the system components and develop the design and functional specifications for the automation systems. They are responsible for the interface between the hardware and software development for the automation system. This position is also responsible for all automation, instrumentation, and control projects and ownership after projects are completed.
- Be a safety leader with solid safety behaviors and demonstrated leadership
- Develop electrical design, schematics, panel building, and drawings in AutoCAD
- Interpret mechanical design drawings for electrical requirements
- Extensive understanding and design of Fiber and Ethernet based networks
- Familiar with alarming reporting software and remote access applications.
- Develop, design, and implementation of data communications systems including surveillance networks and radio systems licensed and unlicensed.
- Broad knowledge of motor control systems including variable frequency drives (e.g. AB, ABB, Yokogowa, Danfoss)
- Research supplier products for assembly components
- Develop an accumulative Bill of Material (BOM) for drawings and other production needs.
- Data management (e.g. virtual basic, C++, Microsoft SQL servers, HMI servers, PLC servers)
- Help establish new and maintain existing standards
- Power up electrical systems and configure hardware per application specifications
- Check quality of assemblers and technicians work and respond to inquiries during assembly
- Familiar with filed specifications of instrumentation and controls with regulatory standards, design criteria, and code relevant to instrumentation and controls.
- Exposure to multiple PLC manufactures and platforms
- Extensive knowledge of all instrumentation for flow, temperature, pressure, turbidity, level, gases, and density.
- Design and develop software applications based on given requirements and specifications
- Advanced programing in Rockwell RSlogix 5000, Studio, Factory Talk View SE, Wonderware, APAX.
- Understand Factory or office requirements communication interface, networking and create specifications based on these requirements
- Review, repair, redesign legacy code
- Troubleshoot issues and OEM installed systems
- Create user manuals to communicate functionality of Company developed automation program
- Technical writing including software management plan (e.g. SDS, SRS, Test Plain, Traceability Matrix, User/Operating Manual with troubleshooting Guide, Spare parts lists with Vendor Part numbers)
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Electrical Engineering or Technology Bachelor’s degree with Automation and Instrumentation Controls Engineering or controls related field required.
- Must have at least 5 years of process automation, instrumentation, and controls design, automation project management, and process automation and controls troubleshooting
- Excellent computer competence (outlook, word, powerpoint,excel, safety process software)
- Must be able to handle several priorities at one time and willingness to work in the field to support and commission systems.
- Strong customer focus mind-set
- Solid leadership and influencing skills
- Friendly, results oriented, and collaborative
Travel Requirements, if any (please indicate percentage):
Up to 70%
Please submit resume in Word or PDF form to:firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of The Western Sugar Cooperative not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training, layoff and termination.