Title: Automation and Controls Engineer
Location: Greeley, Colorado or TBD
Salary Range: $115,000 to $145,000
This position is responsible for designing and maintaining our automation and process controls across multiple locations that process sugar beets into sugar. The position analyzes requirements, procedures, and problems to identify the system components needed to operate and control the processing operations. The person is responsible for the interface between the hardware and software development for the automation systems, working with the local support personnel to implement projects or changes to existing systems.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain PLC based automation systems (Primarily Rockwell ControlLogix/SLC500/PLC-5 PLC systems) and PC based HMI systems (primarily Rockwell FactoryTalk View SE and ME).
- Design and implement automation system networks, including specifying communications protocols, communications media and associated hardware.
- Interface with other technical/engineering disciplines to ensure the effective integration of electrical and automation systems with the overall product design.
- Develop and maintain Control Narratives, Cause and Effect Diagrams, and program documentation for projects and site modifications in coordination with company Process/Project Engineers.
- Provide on-site services, including oversight of system installation, leading commissioning efforts and supplying troubleshooting support as required.
- Develop project scope documents, schedules, costs estimate, and budget forecasts as required with minimal direction.
- Develop and/or update company Equipment Specifications and Engineering Standards.
- Effectively plan, schedule, manage and report on multiple capital and maintenance projects with various deadlines and responsibility levels.
- Review and manage projects in terms of economics, OSHA Safety, Engineering Standards, Construction Standards, Operating and Maintenance Procedures.
- Provide engineering support to factory operations as necessary.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Maintain regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- Must be able to handle several priorities at one time across several locations.
- Strong customer focus mind-set when working with production personnel.
- Ability to communicate well and influence others for better outcomes.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees.
- Friendly, results oriented, and collaborative.
Other Experience Preferred
- Experience programming Allen Bradley PLC, FactoryTalk HMI.
- Experience in designing and implementing communications networks, utilizing a variety of communication protocols, including but not limited to Ethernet, ControlNet, DH+, DF-1, Modbus.
- Proficiency in basic electrical engineering skills, from typical Ac & DC control circuits to Low Voltage (480 VAC) power distribution.
- Experience with designing and specifying physical media used in communications, including but not limited to copper cabling, fiber optic cabling and radio transmission.
- Knowledge and experience in the design and operation of automation systems for manufacturing systems, including PID, pressure, temperature, and level control.
- Familiarity and ability to create, read and interpret electrical and mechanical blueprints and diagrams, including flow charts, cause/effect diagrams, and Piping and Instrument Drawings (P&IDs) in AutoCAD applications.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from management, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Reports to Vice President of Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of direct work experience in process automation and controls.
Travel Requirements, if any (please indicate percentage):
- Up to 50%, with non-traditional hours as needed.
|Status: Non-Exempt||Wage Range: 115k to 145K||Location: Greeley, CO or TBD|
|Benefits:||Medical, Vision, Dental, LTD, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K with match opportunity and the Company also contributes an additional 6% discretionary amount into each employee’s 401(k) at the end of the calendar year. Vacation, Salaried Continuance Plan, Holidays, and Paid Sick Leave if required by applicable State Law.|