· The Western Sugar Cooperative has a challenging opportunity for an Accounts Payable Specialist. We are seeking an experienced candidate who can analyze, post, and pay vendor invoices, assign invoices to the proper general ledger account and cost centers, work with vendors to resolve past due invoices, and create monthly reporting.
- Live our Core Values of: Being a Safety Leader, Integrity, Openness & Trust, Team Work, Entrepreneurship, and Social Responsibility.
- Review, code, and post vendor invoices in SAP daily.
- Create and post monthly recurring entries.
- Review GR/IR account monthly and work with storeroom to solve overdue items.
- Review general ledger accounts monthly and propose accruals to Controlling.
- Review vendor accounts for missing monthly recurring expenses and propose accruals to Controlling.
- Work with the Accounts Payable Manager at our Corporate Office in Denver.
- Reconcile Goods Receipts with the storeroom daily.
- Ensure correct approval sign off for all invoices.
- Receptionist duties incl. distribution of incoming mail, answering incoming phone calls as required (10%)
- Customer service duties incl. creating of shipping documents as required (5%)
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Friendly, results oriented, and collaborative
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred but not required.
- 3+ years’ experience in accounts payable incl used tax law
- Experience with Accounts Payable in SAP
- Proficiency in Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational ability
- Effective corporate communications skills
- Ability to consistently meet all deadline.
· Reports to Factory Manager
· Must be 18 years old or older
· Solid leadership and influencing skills
Position Type: Non- Union
Location: Fort Morgan, CO
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, LTD, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K with match opportunity and the Company also contributes an additional 6% discretionary amount into each employee’s 401(k) at the end of the calendar year. Vacation, Salaried Continuance Plan, Holidays, and Paid Sick Leave if required by applicable State Law.
Please apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of The Western Sugar Cooperative not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training, layoff and termination.
Western Sugar Cooperative is a Drug Free workplace