Title: Accounts Payable Manager
Location: Denver, CO
The Western Sugar Cooperative has a challenging opportunity for an Accounts Payable Manager. We are looking for a reliable and precise professional to help us properly record our accounts payables data. The Accounts Payable Specialist will maintain vendor accounts, create policies and procedures, file use taxes, and create 1099 tax forms. We are seeking an experienced candidate who can analyze, post, and pay vendor invoices, assign invoices to the proper general ledger account and cost centers, work with vendors to resolve past due invoices, and create monthly reporting.
- Review, code, and post daily vendor invoices in SAP.
- Create and post monthly recurring entries.
- Create bi-weekly payment proposal for approval, update approved proposal, and execute final payment run for checks and ACH.
- Preparation, submission and clearing of wire payments.
- Analyze available discounts to be taken and include in payment proposals.
- Review GR/IR account monthly and work with plant to solve overdue items.
- Reconcile monthly open vendor line items, uncashed checks, use taxes, and additional accounts as assigned by Controlling.
- Review general ledger accounts monthly and propose accruals to Controlling.
- Create and file sales and use tax reports. Provide sales and use tax guidance to the plants.
- Implement Accounts Payable processes and procedures.
- Review vendor accounts for missing monthly recurring expenses and propose accruals to Controlling.
- Work with the Accounts Payable Specialists at the Plants.
- Create and file 1099 tax forms
- Month end Vendor Check Reconciliation
- Incoming Check Deposits
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years experience in accounts payable
- Experience with Accounts Payable in SAP
- Ability to use Microsoft software such as Excel and Word
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational ability
- Effective corporate communications skills
- Ability to consistently meet all deadline
Travel Requirements, if any
- Please submit all resumes in Word or PDF form to:firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is the policy of The Western Sugar Cooperative not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training, layoff and termination.Western Sugar Cooperative is a Drug Free workplace.